Last Updated: June 18, 2023
Table of contents:
1. What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
2. How we protect and retain your personal information
3. How we share your personal information
4. Your privacy rights
5. Use by children
6. Interaction with third party products
7. Analytic tools/ Cookies
8. Specific provisions applicable under California privacy law
9. Contact us
Savvy’s mission is to prevent workforce-initiated security incidents involving SaaS apps. Savvy provides never-seen-before visibility into users’ critical decision points and implements just-in-time security guardrails that automate a response to eliminate potential incidents before they take place. Savvy’s powerful automation playbooks empower SecOps with out-of-the-box, customizable responses to various user actions. This enables them to engage users at the critical decision point to prevent security incidents, minimize event overload, and improve the organization’s security posture.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
We Process the Following Personal Information:
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us with, such as full name, company name, email address and any other information that you decide to provide us with, when you contact us.
- Information from Other Sources. Savvy may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly – or commercially- available information, and through third-party data platforms, partners, and service providers.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may automatically collect certain information through your use of the Savvy Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, internet service provider.
(i) We process information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with Savvy Services. Savvy will use your information to provide you with the Savvy Services. For example, when you contact us, we will use your personal information to process and answer your request.
- For Administrative Purposes. Savvy may use your information (i) to respond to your questions, comments, and other requests for customer support, or information, including information about potential or future services; (ii) for internal quality control purposes; (iii) to establish a business relationship; and (iv) to generally administer the Savvy Services.
- To Market the Savvy Services. Savvy may use information to market the Savvy Services. Such use includes (i) notifying you about offers and services that may be of interest to you; (ii) tailoring content, advertisements, and offers for you, including, targeting and re-targeting practices; (iii) conducting market research; (iv) developing and marketing new products and services, and to measure interest in Savvy’s services; (v) other purposes disclosed at the time you provide information; and (vi) as you otherwise consent.
- Security purposes. Some of the abovementioned information will be used for detecting, taking steps to prevent and prosecuting fraud or other illegal activity; to identify and repair errors; to conduct audits; and for security purposes. Information may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize or de-identify your Information and further use it for internal and external purposes, including, without limitation, to analyze and improve Savvy Services (including using artificial intelligence) and for research purposes. We may use this anonymous or de-identified information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, to improve our services and enhance your experience with them and/or to develop new product features and improve existing offerings).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. Security. We have implemented and maintain reasonable technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your information. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised because of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device, or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
2.2. Retention of your information. Your information will be stored until we delete our records, and we proactively delete it, or if you send a valid deletion request. Please note that in some circumstances we may store your information for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, and/or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your information or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your information as follows:
3.1. The information Savvy gathers is shared with our partners and other third parties.
3.2. We may also share information with our affiliated companies about you.
3.3. We may use third party service providers to process your information for the purposes outlined above, including, without limitation:
3.3.1. With cloud service providers for hosting purposes;
3.3.2. With websites and web content creation platforms in order to help us manage our Website;
3.3.3. With email providers, marketing, CRM, other similar tool providers;
3.3.4. With analytic companies, in order to help us understand and analyze information we collect in accordance with this policy; and
3.4. To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts, banks or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order, as well as for internal compliance procedures and to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Savvy, our Services, customers, employees, property, and the public.
3.5. If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your information to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events (including, without limitation, our current or potential investors). In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your information in connection with the foregoing events.
3.6. Where you have otherwise provided your consent to us for sharing or transferring your information.
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
4.1. Rights: You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com . Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we need further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applica
4.2. Marketing emails – opt-out: You may choose not to receive marketing email of this type by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
5. USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide any information to us without the involvement of a parent or a guardian. In the event that we become aware that you provide information in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned, or controlled, by us (each, a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect information from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
7. ANALYTIC TOOLS/COOKIES
- We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools, cookies, pixels and other tracking technologies.
8. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS APPLICABLE UNDER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY LAW
8.1. Our California Do Not Track Notice:
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers, but we may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
9. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at email@example.com.